Thursday 25 August 2011

Hergiswil Glass



I thought that I would take some time to say thank you to my Swiss friends; Kim, Nadia and Jennifer for my beautiful goodbye present.  I was able to use it this morning to serve some great brownies that we made to serve some good friends of ours, Kate and Ann.  Fudgy brownies made with my last dwindling stocks of Swiss Cremant 60% dark chocolate.

The glass has a great shine to it, and not being uniform makes the reflected light from it look fantastic.  This manually shaped glass from the factory in Hergiswil, Switzerland, was something I always wanted to buy before leaving, so was really pleased to receive this piece as a leaving present.

I know that Nadia and Jennifer you did not see this before it was wrapped, so these shots are for you :-)

4 comments:

  1. Your welcome Louise!! I am pleased that you are using it in every day life! Such lovely things should never just be stored in a cupboard and used once a year. The brownies look delicious, I can almost taste them!! Recipe please.....???!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise
    Am enjoying reading your blog very much. Can you enable the "following" thingy on it, then it brings us the updates automatically..
    Take care
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Louise
    Me again - have found it!! Was just having a blonde moment earlier....
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete