Monday 15 August 2011

Putters and Leavers

We had a conversation with our new neighbour, Nick the other day, and he had been reading somewhere that there were 2 types of people; putters and leavers.  He identified himself as a putter, along with my husband Steve.  They both religiously put things in the same place (quite sensibly I admit) so that they know where it is for next time.  Then there are leavers, those people who put their belongings down wherever, and hope that they remember where it is for next time.  Myself, and his wife were put in this category.  It's always the same answer from the putters, when you ask ,'where are my keys/important paperwork/purse....?'. Their smug reply; 'It's where you last put it..'.  Mmm helpful.  I did say though, that when a putter gets it wrong, its my turn to be smug,'It's where you last left it...'.  Those times do not come along that often, but I must admit, I do revel in it when that happens!

Steve annoyingly hardly ever loses things as a result of his putter mentality.  I always mislay things.  On the last day before property handover in Switzerland, Steve told me he had lost the keys to a metal cupboard that sits in the underground carpark containing all the car cleaner, car jack, windscreen wash etc.  He then told me that he had taken both the keys that were on the ring, and there were no spares, so now we could not open the cupboard as they were now resting on the lawn somewhere after falling out of his pocket.  My response was, 'Well, we have 24 hours to find them'.  Luckily after alot of searching by removal guys, my 2 children and Steve, I wandered to the side of my garden looking at my red rose thinking it needed a deadhead, when pointing side upwards very hard to see, were 2 keys, I was pretty pleased to have found them as handover of all keys was to occur the next day.  Time to be smug....very smug....

No comments:

Post a Comment